RSS

Friday, November 18, 2011

Athene's Greek Restaurant

J & I was in the mood for some Greek food. My sister recommended this place on West Broadway called Athene's which she found in the entertainment book so we decided to give it a try.

The place was pretty quiet since it was a weeknight. The server was very pleasant and attentive.

They gave us two buns as we sat down. I didn't like them very much because they werent as soft and warm as I would have wanted. I guess it's also cuz I was expecting pita bread instead of buns since we were in a Greek restaurant.  But I finished them anyway :) hehe :)


J ordered the daily special (roasted lamb) while I had the roasted chicken.  Both dishes came in big portions and were very tender. The prices were reasonable and our buy 1 get 1 free coupon made it even better :)

Roasted Lamb


Roasted Chicken

A good meal is not complete without dessert (hence, my chubby cheeks) so we opted for one of their popular desserts, Ek-mek. The Ek-mek is soooo yummy and delicious. It has a spongy wafer soaked in liquor and topped with custard, whipped cream and cinnammon. I was very satisfied with my meal and will definitely go back with J :)



Athene's Restaurant
3618 West Broadway  
Vancouver, BC V6R 2B7
(604) 731-4135

0 comments:

Post a Comment