RSS

Monday, February 13, 2012

Faubourg: a French cafe

J and I were killing time before our dinner reservation so he suggested we go to Faubourg (pronounced as "foboor") and try their famous French baked goods, pastries, coffee and more. 


This cafe is located in the Kerrisdale area.  When we got there the place was packed and there wasn't a place to sit. Luckily, by the time they finished preparing our order some tables became available.  We got to sit by the window facing outside so we can people watch while enjoying our coffee and dessert.

I had an almond croissant because I wanted to compare it with Thierry's. I was only going to eat half and save the rest for later so I have room for dinner but it was so good I ended up finishing it all :) It was crispy and not too sweet just how i like it. Very delicious! :)


We bumped into some friends who ordered the pear tart and chocolate eclair.  They enjoyed both very much aswell.


The ice mocha has a bittersweet taste which compliments the bread and some of the other pastries they serve.


Faubourg
2156 W 41st Ave
Vancouver, BC

0 comments:

Post a Comment